Saturday, August 13, 2011

Back from Provence: Back on Track with Losing Weight

Vegetable Appetizer, 2011
I weighed myself today and I lost a little more than one of the four pounds gained while in France.  I’ve recorded what I eat for the last week and we’re substituting luscious farm raised white peaches or a Weight Watchers ice cream sandwich for desserts (most of the time), and enjoying the good summer produce. 

I just came back from a workout on the elliptical and bicycle in our gym downstairs.  I’m gradually building back up to the 30 minutes on the elliptical, my favorite workout.  I’m mixing it up though.  I started swimming again in our pool two days ago because of the gorgeous weather.

Tip:  Did you know that the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans suggest doing moderate level of physical activity (like brisk walking) for 2 hours and 30 minutes a week?  There’s also a booklet to show you how to get started or increase your physical activity.  The Guidelines suggest building up gradually.  The idea when getting started is to slowly add more time to your routine.

What are you doing this summer to lose or maintain your weight?

Yours in joy and health!

Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment