|Fruit and Vegetable Market, 2011|
- Double the amount of low-calorie fruits and vegetables you eat (unless you already eat way more than most Americans).
- Eat red meat from cattle, sheep, and goats less often. Substitute fish, seafood, poultry and eggs, or choose meatless protein foods like legumes. Eat smaller amounts: 3 – 4 ounces cooked.
- Eat more whole grains.
- Eat what you buy to avoid waste.
- Store foods in an energy efficient refrigerator.
- Eat fewer foods that are heavily processed and packaged.
- Buy and eat less food. Burn off more calories doing physical activity with a purpose. How’s that? Walk to the grocery store for a few items.